- Quality and sustainability are considered non-negotiables, and this brand won’t budge on either! Untouched World is the first and only lifestyle fashion company in the world to be recognised by the United Nations for sustainability.
- Almost all garments are made on the south island of New Zealand within their own facility and contracted out to other local makers. Untouched World only work with companies that allow unchaperoned and unannounced personal visits.
- Their collection of ProjectU™ tees are made in Kolkata, India, by women who were once marginalised and trapped by poverty and prostitution. Women are trained with new skills and paid around twice the rate of an equivalent job elsewhere.
- Fabrics include sustainable, natural fibres like merino wool, organic cotton, Tencel, linen and bamboo, and use Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic dyes and water-based prints.
- Untouched World looks at the total product lifecycle and works hard to minimise water use and maximise recycling and waste recovery.
- A percentage of every Untouched World purchase goes directly to the Untouched World Charitable Trust (UWCT), which facilitates programmes for students across New Zealand focussing on leadership toward a sustainable future.
- Untouched World is a key partner to UNESCO Global Action Programme on education for sustainable development.
Fair Organic Sustainable