Made in: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Based in: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Delivery: Australia Asia Canada Europe USA

What's noteworthy

  • Founded by designer Rachel Faller in 2008, tonlé is a brand and manufacturing factory that is wholeheartedly committed to the environment, paving the way in zero-waste design where their entire production leaves 0% waste (compared to a typical factory that can average up to 40%)
  • The smallest scraps left from sewing are weaved into new fabrics or made into tonlé’s own recycled paper.
  • 90% of tonlé’s fabrics are recycled from remnant materials from factory scraps before they end up in landfill! The other 10% are from local and sustainable suppliers.
  • Buckles, pendants and buttons are hand-carved from reclaimed scraps of wood, sourced from local makers. tonlé also collaborates with a ceramic workshop based in Siem Reap to produce handmade buttons and beads from locally dug clay.
  • All natural dyes are non-toxic, 80% of which come from edible materials like soy milk and lemon.
  • Employees earn well above the local Phnom Penh minimum wage, provided with benefits and extensive training, as well as offered careers opportunities instead of a traditional assembly line model.
  • Extensive information about their design processes, their staff and the reason behind why they do what they do, is openly available on their website.
Average price range:
$
$$
$$$
Website: tonle.com

Watch

Share this brand

This page was last updated 03rd March 2018

Similar

Everyday

Ren London

Handcraft Local Minimal waste Organic Sustainable
Everyday Footwear

Study NY

Handcraft Minimal waste Organic Sustainable
Close