- Po-Zu makes shoes in a small factory near the historic town of Guimaraes in Portugal, who is committed to the highest standards of ethical manufacturing, employing 70 local workers. It has a strict non-toxic policy (by avoiding glues and solvents) and recycles nearly all waste products, including fabric off-cuts and water.
- Footbeds are formed using coir sourced from Sri Lanka—a highly breathable, non-toxic material that moulds to the shape of your foot. Coir is made of 60% coconut husk and 40% natural latex (see below video for more insight!)
- All materials come from renewable, responsibly harvested sources, with no pesticides, bleaches or toxic dyes used. Organic cotton canvas is Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified and is grown in Turkey. All leather is chromium-free and certified by REACH.
- Po-Zu is investigating alternatives to leather, recently introducing a vegan, solvent-free eco microfibre range using Piñatex made from pineapple leaf fibres. You can read more about Po-Zu’s sustainable approach to their material selection on their website.
- Po-Zu donates a minimum of 10% of their sales income to environmental charities The Resurgence Trust, Earth Community Trust, Pesticide Action Network UK, and Environmental Justice Foundation.
Handcraft Minimal waste Organic Sustainable