- Mud Jeans is made from Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton and recycled cotton, following the principles of the circular economy and with a goal to produce the first pair of jeans made from 100% recycled cotton.
- Working with several partners on techniques to reduce their water usage, Mud Jeans currently use between 78-89% less water than the industry standard.
- Mud Jeans is also working to reduce CO2 emissions; treating jeans with a laser, instead of sandpaper and potassium permanganate; finishing jeans with ozone, instead of chemical bleaching or stone washing; using printed labels, instead of leather; and using buttons made of recycled cotton. You can read more about Mud Jeans’ robust approach to sustainability on their website.
- Producing in nearby factories with good working conditions, Mud Jeans is part of the Young Designer Program of Fair Wear Foundation, who help to assess and improve the standards of partner factories.
- Mud Jeans is working to guarantee living wages for workers in all of the factories they employ. You can learn about Mud Jean’ factories on their website. Mud Jeans also link to their 2015 Audit Report PDF.
- Mud Jeans’ ‘Lease a Jeans’ launched in 2013 offering rental pairs and once returned recycling them into a new cotton thread for a new pair of jeans—preventing a throwaway mentality. Mud Jeans encourages you to return your jeans when no longer in use, which can be upcycled and sold as second-hand pair named after their previous owner. Read about Mud Jeans’ recycling process on their website.
Sleepwear Basics Underwear Bedding
Fair Organic Sustainable Vegan