- A summer exclusive label founded in 2005 by Cape Town locals Olivia Kennaway and Alice Heusserin, Lalesso is based around colourful and bold African inspired textiles, mixing traditional ‘lesso’ and ‘khanga’ prints with a contemporary design aesthetic.
- All garments are produced under strict ethical and fair-trade practices in some of the poorest regions in Kenya. Supply chains are set up to better Kenyan communities and to help alleviate poverty.
- Lalesso has production ties to the reputable sustainable factories Soko and Wildlife Works, both located in Maungu, Kenya, where employees are paid an above minimum salary wage and offered benefits.
- Lalesso is also supporting the threatened industry in South Africa, employing skilled workers in both Cape Town and Durban.
- All products are carbon zero, offsetting with Wild Life Works Carbon’s REDD+ program (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation).
- Fabrics consist of all natural or recycled textiles; however limited information is available about how and where Lalessso source their fabrics.