- Established in 2008 by designer Kristy Barber, Kuwaii creates timeless, staple pieces that are designed and made locally in Melbourne, Australia, keeping production runs small.
- As an independently owned and run business, each Kuwaii piece is impressively designed, made and retailed within 15km of Kuwaii’s Brunswick head office—which not only lowers their carbon footprint but also helps to keep local trades alive.
- Kuwaii are one of the very few brands who still produce footwear locally, with their footwear maker being one of the last of their trade in Australia.
- At least 50 percent of the fabric used by Kuwaii come from either sustainable or transparent sources—a figure they are committed to increasing. Environmentally friendly, sustainable fabrics are chosen where possible, with collections regularly featuring Tencel, Lyocell and linen.
- When it comes to production waste, Kuwaii tries to keep theirs at a minimum through smart design decisions and keeping off-cuts and any leftover fabrics, which can be used for future garments sold at sample sales or making donations to local craft groups and schools.
- Kuwaii makes donations to local charitable services through product donations and financial contributions, allocating all proceeds from their annual Charity Sample Sale.
Fortress of Inca