- Komodo has been a pioneer brand since the early 1990s, promoting the use and development of sustainable natural fibres. Fabrics used include Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton, GOTS certified hemp, bamboo, rayon, soya, linen, Tencel, recycled polyester, recycled rubber, and non-mulesing wool. Komodo is working towards certified organic wool. You can learn more about the fabrics Komodo use on their website.
- Garments are produced in factories in Kathmandu, Bali, India and China, and are regularly visited.
- Majority of Komodo’s manufacturers are SA8000 and GOTS certified or are independently audited by bodies like UL, insisting employees receive a living wage. You can see photographs and learn more about who Komodo employs on their website.
- Komodo has reduced its CO2 emissions to net zero in accordance with The Carbon Neutral Company.
- Komodo donates and contributes to numerous projects and charitable causes—including the donation of faulty garments to the UK children’s charity Barnado’s, and establishing Brand Aid to assist in disaster relief work.
Everyday Basics Denim Swimwear
Fair Organic Recycled Sustainable