- Founded in 2004 by James Lloyds and Dr Martin Kunz, initially manufacturing the first ethically made soccer ball in the world, Ethletic sneakers became the first sneaker on the market to be certified Fairtrade in 2010.
- Exclusively working with and made from 100% Fairtrade organic cotton, sourced from Fairtrade Labelling Organisations International (FLO) certified plantations in India.
- Ethletic’s Sri Lankan natural rubber plantations were the first in the world to achieve certification by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)—a pioneering achievement in an industry that was extensively known for child labour and inhumane conditions.
- Ethletic founded the Workers Welfare Society, focusing not only on guaranteeing proper production conditions and fair wages but also addressing how to improve social living conditions of employees.
- Ethletic voluntarily pays an additional 15% premium to their manufacturers to fund health insurance policies, doctor visits, school materials and clean drinking water facilities—dedicated to ensuring social concerns of production workers are met.
- All Ethletic sneakers are 100% vegan, only using raw materials from farming areas that don’t compromise the animal habitat.
- You can read more about Ethletic’s beginnings, processes, manufacturers and material sourcing on their website.
Post Sole Studio
Handcraft Local Vegan