- Founders Emily Sugihara and mother Joan have been sharing their minimalist bags since 2007, based in Brooklyn, New York and San Francisco, California.
- Products are constructed to minimise material waste, with some designs made from one continuous piece of durable fabric.
- Leather products are sourced and made domestically in the USA in an ISO 14001 certified tannery, who document and manage their operations to minimise their impact on the environment.
- Nylon and canvas products are ethically made in China, where factories are audited yearly by an independent third party to ensure that good work hours and wages are enforced and that the facilities are safe. Nylon is also produced in an ISO 14001 certified factory.
- Recycled cotton canvas is retrieved from factory floors that would have otherwise gone to landfill—Baggu believes this is more environmentally friendly than organic cotton.
- Recycling your old bags is encouraged by sending them straight back to Baggu to repurpose!
- You can read more about Baggu’s ethics on their website.
Local Organic Recycled