- Founded by New Zealand native Tim Brown, All Birds was inspired by research and testing, alongside San Franciscan engineer Joey Zwillinger, to create an innovative wool fabric made specifically for footwear.
- New Zealand merino wool travels across to Milan, Italy, to be knitted in a mill certified by the European Commission for environmental sustainability.
- All Birds’ merino wool is certified by ZQ Merino, which means it meets stringent standards of sustainable farming and animal welfare. The wool has a 60% reduction in its carbon footprint compared to polyester and is soft, itch-free and dirt-resistant, as well as actively minimising odour, regulating temperature and moisture.
- The insole of All Birds’ shoes uses Ortholite® polyurethane designed with part castor bean oil—a renewable raw material replacing 20% of the petroleum traditionally used in the polyol of polyurethane foams.
- Sneakers and their components are made in South Korea with a supplier that holds high standards for labour and environmental practices.
- All Birds is a Certified B Corporation.
- Specific information regarding All Birds’ manufacturers and sole/rubber sourcing is limited.