- Founded in 2011, designers Kelly Elkin and Betony Dircks started their label ALAS as a sleepwear brand that has since extended to include daywear and activewear.
- All garments are made in India in ethical, sweatshop-free factories regularly visited by ALAS. Garments are made with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton—also produced completely in India.
- ALAS Activewear is made with recycled PET polyester made from plastic bottles, sourced from a North American fabric supplier and uses 70% less water, energy and heat compared to traditional polyester processing methods.
- Fabrics are dyed and printed using methods that avoid toxic heavy metals, AZO and formaldehyde, which is of significant benefit to employees, the environment, and the end wearer.
- More information about ALAS’ producers and fabrics are available on their website.
Theo the Label